In Concert: Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons @TheAnthem



If anyone had told me in 1961 that 60 years later I would be seeing Frankie Valli performing his multi-decades of hits live in Washington, DC, where I'm now living with my wife (and big Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons fan), I'm fairly certain my response would be something along the lines of "yeah, right. No way any of that will happen".

But strange things can occur in this weird wild world in which we live for that is exactly what happened a few weeks ago at The Anthem, the 6,000 seat venue at the glitzy Wharf District here.

Valli, accompanied by 4 new Seasons, each of whom appeared to have been born at 4 decades after he had his first hit, performed a 2-hour Vegas-like show filled with his hits including 6 #1's - "Sherry", "Big Girls Don't Cry", "Walk Like a Man", "Rag Doll", "My Eyes Adored You", and "Grease". 

My top 3 takeovers from the show, which I would rate a 5 on a scale of 1 to 5, were:

  • Man, does Frankie Valli have a lot of hits or what?
  • how does an 87-year-old entertainer, who still hits those falsetto high notes with perfection,  perform a  2-hour show without ever sitting down or taking a break?
  • The Broadway (and now touring musical Jersey Boys) has provided Valli with several new generations of fans. The crowd literally spanned the gamut from those, like Valli, in their 80s to pre-teens.

Setlist

SHARE 

Comments